Take Control Of Your Life – Make A Plan
There are so many things that we must get done on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. This can, many times lead to becoming overwhelmed, depressed, a negative attitude toward life and pushing the important things off. It is important for us to make sure that we do achieve everything that needs to get done. We not only need to complete our daily tasks, but we also must take care of ourselves. Taking care of our mind and body is just as important.
So, how can we fit everything into one day?
Make a plan! That is what works for me at least. The results are not instant. They take practice and commitment. So let’s break it down.
Here are some examples of how to tackle:
Daily Affirmations – Practicing daily affirmations will lead to habit. Say them out loud, put them on sticky notes, send notifications to your phone daily, say it in the shower, mirror, etc. Here are some examples of daily affirmations I use:
- I am beautiful
- I am fit
- I am successful
- I achieve everything I put my mind to
- I am financially set
- My businesses will continue to flourish
- I am healthy both body and mind
- I am a loving caring individual
- I go out of my way for others every day
- I follow my plan daily
Pay bills – 4 are due within the first two weeks of the month and 4 are due within the second two weeks of the month.
- Pay 2 each week, starting with the ones that are due in the first two weeks
- Setup up autopay (Then you don’t even need it on your list)
Nutrition – We must fuel our bodies. Taking care of our nutrition throughout the day is key. I eat approximately 6 small meals throughout the day. Having things like apples, peanut butter, nuts, oranges, pre-made meals from the night before, etc.
- Plan ahead of time – get some containers (Tupperware) and have some meals ready for the next day. Even just simple snacks
- Apples and peanut butter
- Pealed orange
- Take a digestive enzyme before or during each meal
Physical activity – Our bodies only get older and achier. Taking care of them on a daily basis will help to keep us feeling and looking younger. Make time each day to include physical activity.
- Daily activities could include:
- 30 minute – 1 hour walk
- 15 – 30 minute run
- Gym – Weight lifting, cardio, etc
- DDP Yoga
Children – Errands with running them around, taking to and from school, etc.
- Have them already in your planner, at the times you need to leave to go get them
- Plan all other activities around the time that you would need to complete these tasks
Work – To pay bills, we must work. It takes up our time and eats into our day, but we can still create a plan to achieve everything else along with our money making machine.
- We have to work to pay bills, so always include the times you work into your planner and schedule all other activities around that time
Friends – Socializing is something many of us crave as humans. We love our friends and we want to spend time with them. It’s important to be able to be there for them, but it is also important for you to be there for you. Always create some time each week to see a few of your friends. This could be
- Dinner at your place (or theirs)
- Going for a hike
- Working out together (kill two birds with one stone)
- Having a game night
- Going out to grab a drink (one drink…or whatever time is allotted in your schedule) Stay committed to that no matter what
I hope this helps all of you to get a good start on making a plan and cheers until next time!